Software Engineer - Digital Experience
At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
9,000+ organizations worldwide and most of the Fortune 100 rely on Qualtrics Experience Management, to listen and engage with people at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict which changes will resonate mostly with customers and employees.
Not only is our technology powering the world’s greatest companies, but by understanding human emotions, beliefs, sentiments and values, we will close some of the world’s biggest gaps. Because many of the world’s most pressing problems occur from a lack of understanding – and that’s a problem we can solve.
About Digital Experience Team
The Digital Experience team at Qualtrics builds and maintains a scalable system with billions of pageviews a week, to bridge the experience gap on every device. We currently provide customers with tools to enable them to make on-the-fly changes, including customized questions and messages, on their company’s websites and mobile apps, so they can listen and engage with a targeted segment of users.
We are looking for full stack engineers who find meaning in their work and are looking to build innovative product features or scalable systems that make a real felt impact on the business. You will be working across all layers, including web and mobile front ends, caching layers in browser, CDN and memory, message queues, file system and relational and NoSql databases.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years professional experience building services or applications
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience with software engineering standard methodologies (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design, continuous delivery, git, test automation and build\deploy systems)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment and to learn new frameworks/stacks
- Passionate about building products that help customers easily and effectively get their job done
- Enthusiastic person, who communicates effectively and is easy to work with
- Curious and constantly learning on your own and from others
- You get satisfaction from helping others succeed, and you constantly seek ways to improve
- You can identify gaps, propose solutions to important problems, then take it to resolution
- Test Driven Development and attention for details
- Comfortable with designing APIs, SDKs, and data models
- Experience building large-scale web applications and microservices
- Experience building fast, accessible, world ready and responsive user experiences
- Experience building Android and iOS applications
- Be highly creative, flexible, self-directed and resilient
A Day in the Life
- Develop scalable, fast, robust, and rich web and mobile solutions to solve complex business problems
- Commit to sprint goals, attend daily stand-up meetings, prioritize and estimate features
- Work closely and collaborate with team members, across teams in engineering, and with product managers and UX designers
- Be on the on-call rotation to respond to alerts, resolve customer issues, perform root cause analysis, and ensure issues do not resurface in the future
- Improve performance, availability, reliability, scale, throughput and latency
- As an engineer at Qualtrics, you are more than a developer. In addition to building, you test to make sure your work does not introduce customer pain, you put mechanisms in place to make sure the team knows if features aren’t behaving as expected, and you own delivering what you build to customers
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.5