Software Engineer, Framework at ExtraHop
At ExtraHop, we create great products because we give talented employees the freedom to be intellectually curious and creative. We seek a diversity of perspectives and foster employee quirkiness and spunk to help drive innovation. Every ExtraHop employee knows that we’re all in this together and that work is an important part of life so it should be fun. A sense of humor is required here, seriously!
We are the global leader in real-time wire data analytics, a novel approach to IT Operational Analytics. Our market opportunity is greater than $15B and our solutions span all industries. Pretty neat, huh? If you want to join a fun team that produces award-winning products that provide tremendous business value and delight customers, then ExtraHop is the company for you!
Founded by engineers, ExtraHop is a Seattle-based technology company that delivers elegant solutions for the tech industry’s most challenging problems.The ExtraHop platform is a novel approach to processing vast amounts of wire data in real-time. Want to join a collaborative team that builds solutions which provide deep performance insights, behavioral security analyses, and drive business analytics? Keep reading.
Our Backend team designs, implements, and maintains the code that is the foundation of the ExtraHop product. We enable our customers to make use of their wire data. We make all of the parts of the product work together.
Our engineering team works collaboratively, sharing responsibility for the entire product across the entire team. We work well together and enjoy working together. We appreciate a desire to build quality software and a sense of humor.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and implement functionality of the ExtraHop product to enable more powerful uses of the wire data that we collect.
- Leverage Go and Python to ensure performance requirements for some of the largest sites on the Internet.
- Enhance the scalability, security, and functionality of the ExtraHop product.
Required Skills & Experience
- Solid knowledge of Go, Python, or an equivalent programming language
- Strong problem solving ability
- Good communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or information technology
- For senior positions, 5+ years of professional software development experience with both client and server-based environments
Desired Skills& Experience
- Proven product development experience
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Experience in a Unix-based environment
- Familiarity with syste-ms-level development
As a privately held fast-growing technology leader in the $20B IT operations management space, ExtraHop Networks is positioned to be the next great systems company. We are known as innovators who take a smart, creative approach to solving problems. Our ExtraHop team and product line have received many awards, including wins in multiple categories of Best of Interop, a Gold Medal prize in Puget Sound Business Journal’s annual list of Washington’s Best Workplaces, and several Gold Stevie American Business Awards.
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. #LI-SF1