Software Engineer - Growth at Rover
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:05 p.m. (PST) on Monday, October 7, 2019
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who We're Looking For:
We’re seeking a talented software engineer to join the Growth engineering team and help expand our customer base of pet parents and dog owners.
You will collaborate with other engineers, product managers, designers, and data scientists to create delightful and frictionless user experiences. You will personally help fuel Rover’s growth by building and refining features that make it easier, more compelling, and more satisfying for more pet parents to choose Rover for their pets’ care.
Join us if you’re interested in both back-end and front-end development, want to see the impact of your work on scaling our company, and are excited about the challenges of growing and operating a marketplace business.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, STEM, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years work experience as a software developer
- Comfortable with web development across the full stack
- Rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices
- Experience with relational databases and schema design
- Bonus: Proficiency with Python and Django
- Bonus: Proficiency with React
- Bonus: Proficiency with A/B testing and experimentation
- Bonus: Familiarity with AWS, Docker, and Elasticsearch
Why We’ll Hire You:
- You’re qualified for the position and your values align with Rover’s core values.
- You work well with others and thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- You’re eager to learn and improve your craft as a software engineer.
- You’re able to take loose requirements, work with others to figure out what needs to be done, and drive a project forward.
- You can be your own QA team.
- You have the intuition for when to ship and when to apply more polish.
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable, and supportable solutions.
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline and automated testing. Our engineers just merge their branch and it ships.
- We're serious about the quality of our production operations, and employ thorough system, application, and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- We're data-driven and believe in informing many of our decisions through experimentation.
- Our feature teams represent small autonomous business units with developers, product managers, and designers working side-by-side.
- And, dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- A competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog and 50 free dog walks a year
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Read Full Job Description