Software Engineer - Growth
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, STEM, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years work experience as a software developer
- Comfortable with web development across the full stack
- Rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices
- Experience with relational databases and schema design
- Bonus: Proficiency with Python and Django
- Bonus: Proficiency with React
- Bonus: Proficiency with A/B testing and experimentation
- Bonus: Familiarity with AWS, Docker, and Elasticsearch
Why We’ll Hire You:
- You’re qualified for the position and your values align with Rover’s core values.
- You work well with others and thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- You’re eager to learn and improve your craft as a software engineer.
- You’re able to take loose requirements, work with others to figure out what needs to be done, and drive a project forward.
- You can be your own QA team.
- You have the intuition for when to ship and when to apply more polish.
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable, and supportable solutions.
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline and automated testing. Our engineers just merge their branch and it ships.
- We're serious about the quality of our production operations, and employ thorough system, application, and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- We're data-driven and believe in informing many of our decisions through experimentation.
- Our feature teams represent small autonomous business units with developers, product managers, and designers working side-by-side.
- And, dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- A competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog and 50 free dog walks a year