Software Engineer I
About the Role:
A successful Xinova software engineer possesses the ability to work within a start-up environment, is a self-starter, and can develops resilient systems in an ambiguous environment. They are committed to delivering high quality code on time and within scope. We are disciplined, focused and continuously improving together.
The platform team is responsible for all infrastructure, services, APIs and SDKs that, in total, compose Xinova's global innovation network. This includes a rich and growing set of functionalities including authorization, authentication, API management, profiles, reputation and social networking, messaging, market exchanges, dynamic workflows, automated connections and contracts, search and more; all while maintaining user integrity, privacy and security.
You will work with a wide variety of technologies including cloud services, container orchestration, pub/sub, batch and streaming data and ML pipelines, blockchain and smart contracts, event and metrics systems, and multiple persistence backends. This role defines our technology roadmap and builds all components of this overall system.
What you get to do:
- Build an early-stage product! You will impact the design and implementation of key features
- Design, develop and test large and complex distributed applications, services and platforms
- Design and develop APIs and SDKs in support of these services
- Design secure solutions that establish the highest customer trust using enhanced algorithms/solutions
- Work with a team that possesses high software engineering standards; demonstrating excellent discipline, design and code quality; resulting in a resilient and reliable solutions
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of software engineering experience developing highly reliable, scalable real-time services, including knowledge in designing RESTful and SOA based services
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals such as algorithms, asynchronous and multithreaded processes, messaging queues, in-memory data structures, serialization/de-serialization and IO/Network optimization
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with cloud services
- Experience with Go and Python
- Experience with comprehensive authentication and authorization systems
- Experience architecting, designing, deploying and maintaining big data platforms
- Experience developing on and working with distributed storage systems
Xinova is a collective of 12,000 innovators dedicated to turning big problems into bigger solutions. We work with large companies like Pepsi and Honda to help them solve their largest research and product development challenges.
At the core, we believe problems are a good thing. Our global network of innovators wake up every day believing that each problem is an opportunity to find a solution or application you never thought of. If that's you too, we’d love to have you join us!
The company is headquartered in Seattle with staff located in Beijing, Bangalore, Helsinki, Israel, Seoul, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Vienna. www.xinova.com