Software Engineer, IAM Authorization
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case. We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer.
We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
Are you interested in building an amazing customer experience at scale? Do you want to improve your knowledge of security? Would you like to help our customers make their applications more secure? Are you ready to make the internet safer?
The IAM Authorization team at Auth0, develops and maintains the Authorization capabilities of our platform. We work on designing and developing new features and improvements related to security, scalability, performance and functionality to protect and empower our users and take our platform to the next level.
You will have the opportunity to gain a greater understanding and context about how Auth0 works and deepen your knowledge of authorization, security, databases and how to build reliable, highly-available distributed systems.
- Collaborate with other developers and teams to develop new features, APIs, improvements and fixes to handle our current and future scale.
- Strive to ensure the quality and customer value of our product.
- Learn more, and in depth the domain of IAM.
- Be a part of the team's on-call rotations to make sure we offer our client the best availability for our services.
- Identify and resolve production issues and implement fixes for them.
You might be a good fit for this role if:
- You have 3+ years of software development experience.
- You have created or enjoy creating public APIs.
- Are passionate about working on systems that are highly-reliable, maintainable and scalable.
- You have experience and passion for good engineering practices and testing.
- You have knowledge and experience of data modeling and principles of database systems (relational and non-relational).
- You are a good communicator and enjoy interacting with people.
- You excel when working autonomously, and know when to seek help from your team members.
- You always strive to learn and are interested in improving your security knowledge.
- You are located between UTC-5 and UTC+2
- Have 2+ years of experience in the identity and access management (IAM) domain.
- Have front-end development knowledge and some experience with frameworks such as React.
- Have solid experience with cloud environments (e.g: AWS).
- Know about security engineering, authentication and federation protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Have experience with OAuth2 and/or SAML auth protocols.
- Have solid NodeJS experience.
- Have experience running PostgresQL in a large-scale production environment.
- #GMT; #US-E; #AR;
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Read Full Job Description