Software Engineer II - Automations and Interfaces at Qualtrics
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
The companies that best serve their customers needs win, the companies that best understand their customers are best positioned to seize the opportunity. This simple idea is what led to the Experience Management discipline and companies driving to understand and engage their customers. As companies adopt better tools for engaging customers they need to be able to integrate these tools into their existing business processes and the Automations and Interfaces Team has two main products that help customers meet this need. For developers, the Qualtrics Public API contains 250+ RESTful API endpoints, code generated from OAS specifications, and serves more than 1 billion API calls per month. In addition, for citizen developers, the Automations Platform is a Modular ETL system that enables internal teams and customers to extract and load data to and from the Qualtrics platform.
Work on the Qualtrics Public API will make use of your strong Java fundamentals and will grow skills in MVC frameworks, caching layers, how to scale systems, and running systems at a very high scale. Working on the Automations Platform requires a working knowledge of GoLang, React, and involves building both high scale backends and experience optimized front ends. An ideal developer will have a background in backend scalability and also enjoy frontend development; this position is expected to spend about 60% of time on design, architecture, and backend development and about 40% of time doing frontend development.
A Day in the Life
- Engage in Architecture Discussions to shape the platform.
- Develop and rollout features in a controlled manner to maintain service reliability.
- Engage internal and external developers to add new APIs and ETL modules
- Drive discussions about API Standards and Development Best Practices.
- Build tools to monitor system health to ensure service uptime, reliability, and robustness.
- Execute targeted and system wide performance and scale tests to identify feature and system bottlenecks.
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with peers, prioritize features, and work efficiently to deliver value to customers.
- Review designs, code, and test plans, plus mentor other team members in developing new skills.
Expectations for Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-4 years working in full stack or backend engineering position
- Experience with continuous delivery, git, test automation, and build/deploy systems
- Experience building and running high performance scalable services