Software Engineer II - Employee Experience at Qualtrics
Qualtrics, the leader in customer experience and creator of the Experience Management (XM) category, is changing the way organizations manage and improve the four core experiences of business––customer, employee, product, and brand. Over 12,000 organizations around the world are using Qualtrics to listen, understand, and take action on experience data (X-data™)––the beliefs, emotions, and intentions that tell you why things are happening, and what to do about it.
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses attract customers who stay longer and buy more, engage employees who build a positive culture, develop breakthrough products people love, and build a brand people are passionate about. Join us as we help change the way people experience the world! Advance your career at a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, inclusive work environment.
At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
8,500+ organizations worldwide and more than 3/4 of the Fortune 100 rely on the Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ to collect, analyze, and act on feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can manage the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organizations can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most with customers and employees.
You will be working with the latest mobile devices: phones, tablets, TVs and wearables. Our team is responsible for creating platform and experience for bridging key components of the Qualtrics platform as components embeddable in applications. We are passionate about building scalable, well-designed software. We constantly improve our technical foundation and user experience. As a senior engineer on the Mobile team, you’ll have huge impact on how customers, even friends and family, interact with Qualtrics.
You provide mobile perspective and context for technology choices. You’re up to the challenge of device and mobile network limitations, device fragmentation, and other mobile development curve balls. You are motivated to tackle ambiguous situations with new technologies to rapidly produce prototypes. You outline paths from prototype to product. You are a technical leader for your team. You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices on your team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Be involved with design and product teams to understand needs, propose features, create early prototypes and transform them into exciting end consumer features.
- Architect new end-to-end features bring the best of Qualtrics to a mobile platform.
- Develop scalable, fast, robust, and simple web-based solutions to solve complex business problems
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other engineers, tech-ops, and product managers
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers
- 5+ yrs of commercial software development experience design and coding skills in ObjectiveC and/or Java.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Firm understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations of mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Passion for mobile development. We would love to hear about apps you’ve developed.
- Experience building responsive UI, high-performance, highly-available and scalable systems.
- Experience analyzing data while developing solutions to problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience developing hybrid native/HTML mobile applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to analyze problems and solve them creatively.
- Be highly innovative, flexible and self-directed.
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases.
- Experience in data analysis using statistical methods.