The Image Processing Applications team is responsible for developing innovative solutions for managing imagery captured by our aerial capture platforms and tools for the company's operations team to review, process, and prepare imagery for delivery to customers. The team employs several technologies, including scalable cloud-based applications and services, container orchestration, and web-based/desktop applications. It works closely with other stakeholders within the company, including other engineering teams, IT, and the operations team to design, implement, and support the technologies it develops. The team operates in an agile environment, working with project managers to gather requirements and validate development work, striving for frequent releases to deliver products and features in a timely and effective manner to end-users.
As a Software Engineer you will work closely with other team members, other engineering teams, and the operations team to help develop scalable and reliable cloud-based tools for our image processing pipeline, being a key developer of frameworks and systems used by those tools. We are looking for an individual who will enjoy working as part of a dynamic team and is enthusiastic about making a difference in the future of our company.
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Experience with Golang, Python, and/or C++ for backend development
- Passion for providing software engineering best practices (e.g., unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, and continuous integration)
- An understanding of Agile Development practices
- Experience with developing fast, reliable, scalable distributed web services
- Experience with applications deployed using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Familiarity with RESTful API design, the HTTP stack, and browser limitations
- Experience with GIS and image processing
- Familiarity with Docker and container orchestration (Kubernetes, ECS, or similar)
- Experience with common CI/CD methods and tools (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Familiarity with database development (SQL)