As an engineering member on the team, you will make key design decisions that will shape our newest products. This platform will offer law enforcement administrators and crime analysts flexible access to key crime data, decision support, state and federal crime reports, and criminal investigation insights.
Axon has lead the global effort to protect life and through through electric weapons, body cameras, a number of real-time sensors, public safety software products and AI tools. Axon is uniquely positioned to tie together every aspect of an incident in order to help law enforcement agencies better prepare for what might happen, respond efficiently and effectively, deliver justice, ensure the well being of their officers, and increase the safety of their communities. Working together with our customers and product teams, you will build the foundation for Axon's outcome-oriented data efforts.
- Participating in code reviews and architecture design meetings
- Owning and driving end-to-end features with Product and Design
- Ensuring that your code hits a high bar for quality and performance
- Partner with internal teams and agencies to make public safety data accessible and actionable.
- Influence peers, advise senior leaders, coach and mentor junior team members.
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration among engineers and contribute to the broader community of Axon engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in CS, engineering, or other quantitative field.
- Highly technical with 3+ years of experience developing and maintaining end-to-end, high availability, high throughput web-scale data systems.
- Backend experience in managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to make tough technical decisions based on requirements, constraints, and trade-offs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- You follow the latest in software engineering and open source technologies, and can intuit the fine line between promising new practice and overhyped fad
- Industry experience working with SQL or NoSQL data stores
- Good Linux/Unix/Mac experience
- You love delighting end users and hunger for novel challenges