Blue Nile is seeking a Software Engineer II, eCommerce Systems, to join our team. This position targets developers with three or more years of relevant experience. In this position, you will be part of a team of highly skilled developers that designs and develops end-to-end solutions. Development work will focus on our customer ordering systems, including the website's shopping cart, customer accounts, payment methods, and payment processing. The eCommerce Systems team is small, providing team members the opportunity to work on a wide breadth of projects throughout the business and throughout the entire application stack. The team works directly with business users and the wider technology group and is also an integral part of our initiatives supporting international expansion in Asia and Europe.
The successful candidate will be able to understand and analyze complex problems in order to design and implement robust and maintainable solutions. Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are required along with a strong sense of ownership. Experience with Spring MVC, Spring Security, and Oracle PL/SQL is beneficial but not required.
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our corporate offices are located in Seattle’s vibrant Pioneer Square district, home to the latest wave of internet startups and packed with restaurants and excellent access to transportation and entertainment. Our dress code favors jeans and our facilities include bike racks, showers, and great access to the waterfront and Myrtle Edwards Park for activities.
- Develop features and functionality for Blue Nile’s eCommerce applications and website shopping cart, including order management, risk analysis, payment processing, and more
- Interact directly with internal business groups such as customer service and marketing to define and clarify specifications, analyze business processes, and define solutions
- Develop software primarily using Java, Spring framework and Oracle RDBMS
- Perform code and test plan reviews; take responsibility for the quality of released software
- Lead small to medium-sized projects
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Three or more years of professional software development
- Strong analysis, design, development and leadership skills
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality features to production
- Experience with automation frameworks and unit testing
- Familiarity with cloud computing and virtual environments
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount