Axon has revolutionized Law Enforcement with a suite of connected devices, cloud services and apps that work together to protect life, reduce social conflict and accelerate truth and justice. You will work on applications that communicate to these devices and that manage information about evidence collected by law enforcement. You will be part of the Axon team where we cultivate an environment that favors team work, initiative, and creative thinking. You will be working in close collaboration with firmware and cloud services teams.
Who We Are Looking For
Our team has essential applications that we're growing into a larger application strategy. A key application within that strategy is View XL, used both in the patrol car as part of our Fleet product line and also used out of the car to manage our latest body cameras.
We need someone to come in and understand View XL and to extend the in-car and out-of-car features. As our markets expand the asks on View XL increase and we need a Staff or Senior developer to partner with our product and design leaders to deliver key features to support those expansions. The quality and security of the features are must haves and we need a developer to deliver high quality, on-time features.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science
- 4+ years of a professional software development experience backed by strong computer science fundamentals.
- Excellent design, development, debugging, and customer-centric maintenance skills within the software-development life cycle.
- Command of a client-focused language such as Golang or C++ or C# or Java.
- Front-end production experience with React.js (or other equivalent modern framework).
- Windows development experience (applications and/or services).
- Hands-on experience owning large end-to-end features in a client application that shipped multiple versions.
- Leadership including technical leadership driving areas of ownership, cross-group leadership, and coaching + mentoring team members.
- Consistent high quality results when taking on large projects and scaling up in new technologies.
- Golang experience. Key portions of the product are written in Go and either experience or quickly getting deep into Go is required.
- Electron application framework development experience.
- Experience with photo and video digital media, including video playback and encoding.
- Programming and interfacing with smart, connected devices.
- Experience with back-end development in creating client-connected services.
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...