Software Engineer II
Blue Nile was created in 1999 by a man in love. He wanted to propose to his significant other and had the nervous excitement we all feel for that person who is just … right. But that excitement was met with frustration because of an outdated method for engagement ring shopping that only offered confusing information, limited choice, and commissioned salespeople. He knew there had to be a better way and founded Blue Nile based on a simple idea: Diamond engagement rings and fine jewelry should be fun, easy, and understandable. After all, they are meant for celebrating love.
This was a radical idea in the industry. That’s how we knew it was right. More than 500,000 couples have said “yes” to a better way to buy diamond engagement rings and fine jewelry gifts. And if you want to be part of a company that’s always blazed its own trail, we want to talk.
Blue Nile is a company of doers and everyone does their part to make the customer experience perfect. Far from a cog in a machine, the company’s structure can make you highly visible and offers the ability to learn, try new things, and see the impact of your work – regardless of level.
Blue Nile is seeking a Software Engineer II, eCommerce Systems, to join our team. This position targets developers with three or more years of relevant experience. In this position, you will be part of a team of highly skilled developers that designs and develops end-to-end solutions. Development work will focus on our customer ordering systems, including the website's shopping cart, customer accounts, payment methods and payment processing. The eCommerce Systems team is small, providing team members the opportunity to work on a wide breadth of projects throughout business and throughout the entire application stack. The team works directly with business users and the wider technology group and is also an integral part of our initiatives supporting international expansion in Asia and Europe.
- Develop features and functionality for Blue Nile’s eCommerce applications and website shopping cart, including order management, risk analysis, payment processing, and more
- Interact directly with internal business groups such as customer service and marketing to define and clarify specifications, analyze business processes, and define solutions
- Develop software primarily using Java, Spring framework and Oracle RDBMS
- Perform code and test plan reviews; take responsibility for the quality of released software
- Lead small to medium sized projects
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Three or more years of professional software development
- Strong analysis, design, development and leadership skills
- Proven track record of delivering high quality features to production
What we Offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount