Software Engineer - Infrastructure
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
Convoy is growing our team of talented, thoughtful engineers to fundamentally change global logistics. We pride ourselves on developing amazing products at light speed, while at the same time being intentional in our approaches towards process, communication, and building systems.
Engineers at Convoy get to own problems end-to-end. We also hire for deep expertise in strategic areas. Our Infrastructure org creates platforms and systems that allows product developers to ship features in a standard, scalable manner. We’re looking for engineers that have deep expertise in building world-class cloud platforms and infrastructure that helps the company continue to hyperscale. If you are excited about building scalable services and data platforms to help hyperscale our engineering teams and business, we’d love to hear from you!
Now is the perfect time for you to come be a part of our high-caliber engineering team as we work to realize this massive vision.
You will have ownership of:
- Building the platform on which the rest of the company builds scalable services
- Building our foundational frameworks and libraries that enable engineers to easily and quickly build and scale services
- Driving foundational architectural improvements to Convoy’s software stack
- Helping Convoy build a world class diverse engineering team
- Crafting products to help other teams at Convoy scale.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Distributed systems, performance analysis, and/or large-scale data processing
- Demonstrated experience in building and operating services on the public cloud
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Server tech: Our stack is Node.js, TypeScript, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, and AWS, but we're open to engineers from all backgrounds!
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Cultivating flexible, empathetic engineering teams.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Read Full Job Description