Software Engineer, Internal Services
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case. We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer.
We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
The Internal Services team is responsible for services that are consumed by many other Auth0 software engineering teams such as: rate limiting, feature flagging and email delivery. Supporting more than 2.5B logins per month, these foundational services need to be extremely reliable and fast while handling thousands of client requests per second.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to work with our team designing, implementing and at times rethinking these critical services. Because we build things that support the overall platform, the ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about infrastructure, operations, and not intimidated by cross-organization coordination.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborating to design and develop highly available, reliable Node.js services.
- Engaging in data driven conversations about service objectives and goals. Designing monitoring strategies and low impact tests to verify assumptions.
- Working with other Auth0 engineering teams to understand how they are using the services and their future needs.
- Get your hands dirty by debugging and fixing issues in production.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 2+ years of software development experience.
- Can think about performance in terms of SLOs and error budgets.
- Never keep the default monitoring dashboards! Know what you need to be logging in order to determine if a service is healthy.
- Proactively solicit feedback from colleagues and iterate over solutions.
- Comfortable in cloud environment such as AWS.
- Experience building services to be consumed by other developers.
- Have experience working in distributed teams and work environments.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description