Software Engineer, Interview Room
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
You will join a team enjoying great success in expanding their impact across the world. Axon Interview is an essential solution to recording interviews at an agency. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team responsible ensuring that interviews are always collected and never lost. The product group needs your skills to continue delivering on the Axon mission.
You will craft user facing experiences for managing the interviews, viewing all the connected video and audio devices, reviewing past footage to extract interviews, and ensuring that all video and audio data is high quality, never lost, and absolutely uploaded to our servers for storage.
- Work on 3-tier architecture, client applications using C# / .NET / Win32 / Visual Studio, Java
- Build reactive User Interfaces with XAML / WPF / WinForms
- Create stored procedures and optimize SQL-based databases
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science / Engineering.
- 4+ years of experience designing, developing and supporting deep customer-facing experiences. You are also encouraged to apply if you have strong experience building high-performance software of any kind, with a proven passion for user experiences.
- Expertise designing, delivering, and supporting features with C#, .NET, LINQ, XAML, JSON, Java.
- Experience developing features against authenticated web services.
- Experience with creating features using videos streams (like features that capture video, render video, or encode / record video) with a media layer like Microsoft Media Foundation.
- You will be co-developing with a remote co-worker and mentor, so being a proven self-starter with crisp communication skills is needed.
- Repeated experience designing complex components, authoring the code, and supporting the deployed features with a customer-obsessed drive to ensure the best experience and quality.
- Cloud development - experience deploying cloud-based services that are redundant and resilient.
- Hardware accelerated development (e.g., SIMD, GPU, DirectX, CUDA, NEON) - experience crafting hardware accelerated features.
- Wired or wireless device interaction / programming / IoT.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description