Software Engineer Manager, Extensibility at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:33 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, December 18, 2019
Auth0 is a pre-IPO unicorn. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our teams and will help take us to the next level. One team, one score.
We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Auth0. If you’re passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you’re collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day. N+1 > N.
Extensions is one of the key feature sets which sets Auth0 apart, and we’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead the team behind it all. The engineering managers form a strong team together and you’d also be a part of that team sharing your experience and coaching your peers.
Extensions are what allows Auth0 to keep its core product simple while still supporting complex customers. Our customers can have complex and unique use cases that it wouldn’t make sense to build into our core product. This team provides the integration points to enable that flexibility in a secure, scalable way. Rules and hooks are some of the key features this team supports.
Given the rate of growth Auth0 is seeing there’s lots of room for career advancement. Direct mentoring in director level skills is on offer in this role should you be interested.
At Auth0 we approach product development with a triad model. That means the team’s leadership includes engineering, product and design voices. No one member of the triad sets the absolute roadmap for the team. Instead it’s a collaborative exercise that ensures we’re building scalable, sustainable systems that our customers want to use.
Auth0 has been remote friendly since inception and embraces a remote work style. Managers, Directors, VP’s, and C level execs work remote and we have the tools and resources in-place to ensure success. Not only are we looking for a talented Engineering Manager, we are looking for someone who will contribute to our culture.
Our current stack focuses on Node, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Postgres, and React, but we like to focus on picking the right tools for the job.
What you will be doing:
- Leading and growing a healthy, inclusive, collaborative team rooted in the opportunities they’re creating for customers.
- Ensure each person on the team is deepening their skills through coaching, training, and mentoring.
- Work with product and design to build the roadmap for extensions at Auth0. This involves talking to engineers, other teams and customers.
- Have the opportunity to gain a great understanding and context about how Auth0 works and learn more about security protocols and how to build reliable, highly available systems.
- Help people on the team grow professionally ensuring everyone's voice is heard and a wide range of people can be successful.
- Tie every piece of work back to the mission of making the internet safer and the business value of making it easier for companies to solve Auth.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have experience leading a technical team and are good at coaching teammates in all phases of their career.
- Know when to let the team figure things out on their own and also have the necessary context and skills to help them out and be hands on.
- Know how to focus teams to achieve their goals.
- Have a technical background and can help a team evaluate trade-offs during development.
- Enjoy working in an iterative development environment.
- Can add value to a conversation even when you are not familiar with the entire context.
- Work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high-value results.
- Like to lead by example.
- Are a great communicator.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Node.js.
- Teaching experience.
- Experience building systems highly reliable, scalable systems.
- Experience working on Identity and Access Management software and concepts.
- We do not expect you to be an expert in all of the above, only that you can learn the less familiar fast.
- #US; #AR; #CA;
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
Read Full Job Description