Software Engineer | Middleware at ExtraHop
At ExtraHop we provide unparalleled network visibility and security to industries ranging from healthcare to payment processing. We don't just solve problems for our users, we help them rise above the noise of threats, alerts, and corporate gridlock. Our products enable organizations to harness the power of their wire data and achieve true security and industry leading performance.
We have a global and diverse user base—we believe in actively investing in a diverse organization. We are seeking technically-qualified people from all backgrounds, who offer dynamic perspectives, influences, and experiences. Are you as passionate as we are about positive culture and amazing technology? If you are, we want to talk with you.
Are you looking to make an impact? Do you love seeing your work implemented and hearing how your contributions have made a difference? ExtraHop offers an enthusiastic, high energy, and inclusive environment in which people are encouraged and supported to collaborate on industry-leading technology while they develop and enrich their individual growth. And we're doing it with creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor (it's required here, seriously!).
- Design, implement, test and document functionality of the ExtraHop products.
- Collaborate in an Agile environment with other multi-functional teams to deliver high-quality features on time.
- Enhance the scalability, security, and workability of the product.
- Create solutions for database memory issues, secure connections between appliances, data migrations, and configuration management for appliances.
- Partner with the UI and Cloud teams to implement APIs that communicate between appliances, the public REST API, and the custom time series database.
- Review merge requests and coach engineers to ensure high quality code.
- Keep up-to-date with industry best practices for software development.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Expertise with Go, Python, or similar programming language
- Ability to communicate effectively across internal and external teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or information technology
- 2+ years experience with software development
Additional Preferred Tools and Technologies
- API development
- Linux/Unix-based development
- Systems-level development
- Common network protocols such as TCP/IP and TLS/SSL.
- PostgresSQL database design or SQL query performance optimization
- Django ORM implementation
ExtraHop is an enterprise cyber analytics and performance monitoring company helping the world’s leading organizations understand and secure their entire environment from core to edge to cloud. Our breakthrough approach to analytics and machine learning helps our customers investigate threats, ensure the delivery of critical applications, and secure their investment in the cloud, resulting in 95% faster threat detection and reducing unplanned downtime by 86% while providing the best possible customer experience.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. We’ve been named toWealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years, and JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its2018 Super 70 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. Credit Suisse recognized ExtraHop as a member of its inauguralDisruptive Technology Recognition Program, and SC Media named ExtraHop a2019 Industry Innovator for enterprise network traffic analysis.
With well over $100 million in bookings in 2018, and 10x growth in security, the opportunity with ExtraHop has never been greater. Are you ready to rise above the noise?