Software Engineer, Platform Abuse - Location Flexible at Dropbox
Our Engineering team is architecting and building a family of new highly scalable systems and software capabilities that handle a massive amount of traffic and data to detect abusive behavior and trigger mitigations that aim to make our products safe for customers. We take on the complexities of technology that affect everyday life, so people can get back to living and doing their best work.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will contribute in a multitude of ways, from building insights through data, architecting phenomenal systems, creating and encouraging good software development practices, driving strategic technical improvements, and mentoring other engineers.
Dropbox is a unique opportunity to work with best-in-class engineers on very large engineering problems, but in an environment with small teams and abundant opportunities for personal impact and growth.
- You will make data driven decisions to decide what to build and prioritize
- You will own projects end to end, starting with data discovery, design, implementation, and deployment
- You will continuously seek ways to make a substantial impact and build backbone by delivering on time
- You will set direction for the team and help guide engineering vision
- You will proactively address technical debt; you will operate your systems in production
- You will architect important systems and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- You will write code as we expect our technical leadership to be in the trenches alongside junior engineers, understanding root causes and leading by example
- You will mentor engineers, both junior and senior
- You will own relationships with other engineering teams and collaborate with other functions within Dropbox
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Solid CS fundamentals with experience across a range of disciplines, with one or more area of deep knowledge and experience
- Proven track record of senior technical leadership at a company with a strong engineering culture
- Experience setting technical strategy for a large or important company initiative
- Strong knowledge of shipping impactful and complex software projects
- Ability to set technical and cultural standards for engineers