Software Engineer: Platform Applications 1
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's #1 Smart TV and Sound Bar Company. VIZIO's mission is to be the industry leader in Consumer Electronics by consistently delivering the latest technologies at the most affordable price. VIZIO's brand promise is to deliver innovative, premium-quality consumer electronics with an unwavering focus on the needs of our consumers. Our Seattle office is a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment that primarily focuses on VIZIO's SmartCast product line.
We are seeking a Software Engineer: Platform Applications to join our Seattle based team. In this role you will be responsible for building and maintaining the VIZIO SmartCast platform applications that consist of web-based applications, RESTful APIs and cloud-based services. A solid understanding of programming, testing and deployment best practices is a requirement. Your work will directly impact millions of consumers on SmartCast platform.
The Software Engineer: Platform Applications will:
- Design, build and maintain service-oriented applications.
- Design and build tools using modern front-end frameworks
- Prototype new features and research applicable technologies
- Participate in code reviews.
- Documentation and design.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Years of related work experience: 3-5 years
- Experience with Node.js based applications
- Masters in Computer Science
- Experience with building RESTful APIs
- Experience with React.js, Angular or VueJS
- Experience with TDD, BDD
VIZIO Services, LLC, a subsidiary of VIZIO, Inc. offers excellent career opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran