Our Dropbox Engineering team is passionate about building awesome products at massive scale. We've developed a set of values that enable us to do this. Specifically, we write phenomenal software and sweat the details, focus on impact, and create an enduring culture. Building elegant products begins with lots of hacking and iteration to explore the problem space. It culminates in careful attention to edge cases and error handling, polished code, and great tests to ensure that we ship reliable code that never compromises data integrity or security. Every Dropbox software release improves millions of lives, and you'll find a high petabyte-to-engineer ratio here. We're bold when it comes to shipping high-leverage projects, even if they're risky or novel.
We care deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. Trust and respect are deeply rooted in our engineering culture. We hope you'll join us!
- You will build and maintain applications that are bundled with third party equipment manufacturers like PC-OEM.
- You will build infrastructure to improve monitoring and perform experimentation on such applications
- You will scale the build and release infrastructure for existing Dropbox Desktop clients
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Highly skilled at developing and debugging in C#, Java, or Go
- Experience building and owning large-scale, multi-threaded, geographically distributed backend systems is a plus
- Knowledge of Python is a plus
- Familiarity with Linux