Software Engineer - Search at Getty Images
Who You Are:
You are an excellent developer who uses the right technology to solve real problems. Software craftsmanship means something to you. You want to collaborate with smart people focusing on customer value delivery. You are passionate about Search. Problem domain of Search fascinates you. You are experienced developing Search applications and are continuously experimenting and learning new Search technologies. You’ve worked with service-oriented architectures and consumed APIs. You know REST. You are agile and look for opportunities to improve delivery flow.
Your Next Challenge:
- Developing world-class Search applications using Solr/Lucene
- Participating with a collaborative development team pairing on solid code
- Using TDD to deliver testable and tested code
- Working with development team and operations to support and troubleshoot development and production environments, tune and optimize code
- Participating in a fast-moving agile process
- Pushing for improvement to process and results
What You’ll Need:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Thorough understanding of OO programming, and Design Patterns
- Knowledge and experience with relational databases in production
- Knowledge and experience with Java/Scala, or C#/.NET
- Knowledge and experience with testing frameworks
- Experience working with Git
- Hands on experience working with Linux
- Experience with Agile development practices (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with pair programming
- Personal initiative, strong communication skills
Nice to haves but not required
- Experience with variety of Search technologies such as Solr/Lucene, Sphinx, Elastic Search, Endeca, FAST, etc.
- Public/Private Cloud infrastructure experience - such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.
- DevOps, Continuous Delivery
- E-commerce experience
- Lean Product Development
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery. Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.