Software Engineer - Statwing Platform
Senior Software Engineer - Statwing Platform
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 9,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!
The Statwing team builds products to make insight in data easily accessible through statistical analysis and machine learning. To support these products, the Statwing Platform team is building the engine that enables the advanced analysis capabilities required by our products and the XM Platform.
- Developing APIs for analysis that can perform computations in realtime
- Developing frameworks to perform analysis, particularly with the python data stack of numpy, that allow other developers to add new analyses quickly that are performant by default
- Working with analyses like a cluster analysis, ANOVA, t-test, regressions, machine learning model builds
- Building and scaling the infrastructure and services to help these APIs grow as the platform grows
Overall, the Statwing Platform forms the basis for future analysis capabilities that propels the products analytical capabilities going forward.
We work in a dynamic environment where things change fast and people grow fast to meet those needs. The company and team is in hyper growth mode and we are looking for engineers, from junior to principal level, who are phenomenal teammates, love to learn, love building simple solutions to tackle hard customer problems, and passionate about new technologies and high-quality, sound software engineering practices.
- BS degree in Computer Science
- Experience with distributed systems, data processing, and data analysis technologies, particularly with the Pydata stack (i.e. numpy, pandas, scipy, tensorflow).
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong mathematical and/or computational background.
- Strong algorithms, data structures, and coding background
- Knowledge of open source/industry standard data processing, storage, and serving technologies.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
A Day in the Life
- Focus on the development of cloud computing infrastructure at Qualtrics, and help build, distribute, scale and optimize these technologies
- Develop scalable, robust, and highly available micro services to perform simple to complex statistical analyses and build/deploy machine learning models
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance
- Partner with and incorporate feedback from other specialists, tech-ops, and product managers
- Collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers