Software Engineer - Statwing Products at Qualtrics
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 9,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!The Challenge
The Statwing team builds products to make insight in data easily accessible through statistical analysis and machine learning. The team owns the full stack, developing and operating products that empower users of the XM platform with insight from their data. This includes developing interactive interfaces and visualizations that allow interaction with statistical analysis results to implementing statistical functionality to support a full analysis.
- Developing performant UIs with React.js
- Developing visualizations with d3.js
- Scaling our systems to handle our growth using technology like Node.js, golang, docker, mysql, Redis, AWS S3, mongo
- Implementing analyses in the python data stack (numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, tensorflow)
Overall, we’re building products that define the future of how people get and discover insights in their data.
We work in a dynamic environment where things change fast and people grow fast to meet those needs. The company and team is in hyper growth mode and we are looking for engineers, from junior to principal level, who are phenomenal teammates, willing to work full stack, love building simple solutions to tackle hard customer problems, and passionate about new technologies and sound software engineering practices.Preliminary Qualifications
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with full stack development (frontend to server side)
- Experience with React and Node
- 2+ years of experience
- Be highly creative, flexible and self-directed.
- Experience with software engineering standard methodologies (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design document)
- Experience building fast responsive UI
- Experience building data intensive and visualization based UIs
- Knowledge of distributed systems architectures based on service oriented architectures
- Experience with MVC and single page application technologies (i.e. AngularJS, Angular2, Polymer, Vue, Ember, React or ReactNative)
- Focus on the development of analysis products at Qualtrics, and help define, build, distribute, scale and optimize these technologies
- Develop performant and responsive UIs that bring users joy in analyzing data
- Develop scalable, robust, and highly available services
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance
- Partner with and incorporate feedback from other specialists, tech-ops, and product managers
- Collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.