Software Engineer - Statwing Products at Qualtrics
Qualtrics, the leader in customer experience and creator of the Experience Management (XM) category, is changing the way organizations manage and improve the four core experiences of business––customer, employee, product, and brand. Over 11,000 organizations around the world are using Qualtrics to listen, understand, and take action on experience data (X-data™)––the beliefs, emotions, and intentions that tell you why things are happening, and what to do about it.
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses attract customers who stay longer and buy more, engage employees who build a positive culture, develop breakthrough products people love, and build a brand people are passionate about. Join us as we help change the way people experience the world! Advance your career at a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, inclusive work environment.
The Statwing team builds products to make insight in data easily accessible through statistical analysis and machine learning. The team owns the full stack, developing and operating products that empower users of the XM platform with insight from their data. This includes developing interactive interfaces and visualizations that allow interaction with statistical analysis results to implementing statistical functionality to support a full analysis.
- Developing performant UIs with React.js
- Developing visualizations with d3.js
- Scaling our systems to handle our growth using technology like Node.js, golang, docker, mysql, Redis, AWS S3, mongo
- Implementing analyses in the python data stack (numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, tensorflow)
Overall, we’re building products that define the future of how people get and discover insights in their data.
We work in a dynamic environment where things change fast and people grow fast to meet those needs. The company and team is in hyper growth mode and we are looking for engineers, from junior to principal level, who are phenomenal teammates, willing to work full stack, love building simple solutions to tackle hard customer problems, and passionate about new technologies and sound software engineering practices.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with full stack development (frontend to server side)
- Experience with React and Node
- 2+ years of experience
- Be highly creative, flexible and self-directed.
- Experience with software engineering standard methodologies (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design document)
- Experience building fast responsive UI
- Experience building data intensive and visualization based UIs
- Knowledge of distributed systems architectures based on service oriented architectures
- Experience with MVC and single page application technologies (i.e. AngularJS, Angular2, Polymer, Vue, Ember, React or ReactNative)
A Day in the Life
- Focus on the development of analysis products at Qualtrics, and help define, build, distribute, scale and optimize these technologies
- Develop performant and responsive UIs that bring users joy in analyzing data
- Develop scalable, robust, and highly available services
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance
- Partner with and incorporate feedback from other specialists, tech-ops, and product managers
- Collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers
What Differentiates Us From Other Companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.