Software Engineer - TextiQ
Qualtrics is a rapidly growing Software as a Service company backed by three of the top venture capital firms in the world (Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Insight Venture Partners).
We offer a single experience management (XM) platform that captures the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand experiences—in one place. Qualtrics has transformed the way businesses collect, analyze, and act on valuable insights that drive better decision-making.
Over 9,000 enterprises worldwide rely on Qualtrics, including more than 80% of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools.
About the Team
Open text customer feedback usually contains very rich details and insights. With Text iQ we will help our clients analyze open text responses and answer two questions about their customers: “How am I performing on known topics? What’s lurking out there that I don’t yet know about?”
The Text iQ team builds high performance models on top of popular frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch, to solve problems such as topic recommendation, sentiment classification, opinion extraction and to build other interesting features tailored to the Qualtrics platform. To make them easily accessible to our clients, the research models are then integrated organically with backend services and frontend user interfaces of Text iQ.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related
- 2-6+ years of relevant experience (note - we are looking for great people at different levels from junior to senior)
- Strong level of curiosity and interest to learn
- Strong algorithms, data structures, and coding background
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience in software engineering standard methodologies (e.g. code versioning, unit testing, code reviews, design documents, and data modeling)
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience with data analytics / data pipelines
- Strong mathematical background
- Knowledge of NLP and Deep Learning
- Experience with developing and tuning models on PyTorch, TensorFlow or other frameworks
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to identify the root cause of issues
A Day in the Life
As a software engineer at Qualtrics, you should love building simple solutions to solve hard customer problems. Crafting systems in an agile environment to withstand hyper growth and owning quality from end to end is a rewarding challenge and one of the reasons Qualtrics is such an exciting place to work!
In addition, you will:
- Work with researchers to tune and productize machine learning models
- Develop scalable, fast, robust, and simple web-based solutions to solve complex business problems
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other specialists, tech-ops, and product managers
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply meaningful to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at fostering creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.