Software Engineer, XR at Unity (Bellevue, WA)
At Unity, we are excited about the new creative avenues that AR and VR bring to our developers. With that, we are investing heavily in these futures, from integrating third party hardware to developing mechanisms to allow developers to easily take advantage of these new platforms. By joining the XR Foundations team, you will be working on one of the most popular game engines helping to integrate cutting edge AR and VR technologies and devices. You will be directly involved in partners that are eager to see their platforms running experiences powered by Unity.
You enjoy building and integrating coding systems, potentially having worked in the mobile or console space. You understand the importance of writing fast and maintainable code as well as working with external APIs and SDKs. If you are looking to put these skills in the hands of millions of developers using Unity around the world, you have come to the right place.
- Working individually or within a small group to integrate third party SDKs for both hardware and software platforms
- Daily writing of fast maintainable code in C++ and C#
- Implementing new technologies and features into the Unity engine that support AR and VR
- Collaborating with other teams within the XR group to help bring cohesive and user friendly experiences to developers
- Participate in ongoing meetings with 3rd party partners for project planning, status meetings, QA updates ect.
- Adding strong multi-threading support to the third party SDK’s
- Professional coding experience
- Strong C/C++ skills
- Strong C# development experience
- Methodical and investigative disposition
- Performance-minded development
- Advanced 3D Math understanding
- Professional working experience in 3D Game Engines
- Cross platform development experience
- Embedded or mobile systems experience
- Experience working with external API's
- Prior AR / VR development experience
- Passion for future technologies
- Experience using Unity’s engine and tool
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.