Software Engineer at Loftium
Loftium is a Seattle-based, fast-growing start-up that delivers premium rental experiences at affordable rates, leveraging home-sharing to provide discounted rent to tenants.
We are backed by top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms and are among the most recognized start-ups in the Pacific Northwest (read about us in Geekwire!). We’re a nimble, capable, driven, and diverse team that’s focused on learning, experimentation, and results. We believe that everyone should have access to a beautiful home and we’re on a mission to make that happen. Loftium is growing quickly and hiring in many big cities across the country. Come join us!
About the role
We’re looking for a motivated, versatile engineer to join our team to play an important role in building Loftium’s core technologies for renters and our data pipelines. You will report directly to our Head of Engineering and work closely with our Head of Data Science and our product Co-Founder. This role is flexible to be back-end, front-end, or full-stack depending on your experience and goals.
- Getting customer insights from our product lead and adding or altering features.
- Shipping code to our staging and production environments multiple times a day.
- Looking for performance optimizations.
- Documenting code and performing peer code reviews.
- Writing and maintaining API integrations.
- Refactoring old code and writing tests.
- Excited about Loftium’s mission of making housing more affordable
- Believe in self-improvement, refactoring, and studying best practices
- Versatile and flexible: you are comfortable in a startup environment and can handle change
- Excited to play a part in strategy and decision-making above and beyond your domain of expertise
- 2+ years engineering experience
Ideally you have some experience with
- Creating / working on scalable production webapps
- Ruby, Python or other high-level programming language
- Building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Managing deployment & operation of cloud services (Heroku, AWS)
- Iterative development, especially for startups
- Bonus: Experience with payments or operation management software
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical & Dental insurance, and 401k
- Team lunches and happy hours
- Once-in-a-lifetime experience taking a startup into scale mode, working directly with experienced founders and a diverse, fun-loving and hardworking team