Who We Are:
For over 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 360,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. With over 435 million assets, of which over 310 million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
Getty Images offers the most exclusive and unique creative and editorial visual content globally. The breadth and quality of our content allows our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, thereby eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world —whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving. Getty Images offers the highest quality and most diverse visual content, based on industry-leading expertise and innovation.
Who You Are
You have professional experience with .NET. You are enthusiastic about the pragmatic application of agile engineering practices. You are passionate about engineering durable software that withstands the test of time. You like to collaborate with a team of other skilled engineers to solve complicated problems. You can combine your strong base of existing skills with new technologies. You can collaborate effectively, speak with confidence, and listen with humility. You have the self-discipline and infrastructure to work collaboratively within a distributed team. You have the curiosity and determination to research that which is unknown or unstructured and can pragmatically translate those learnings into usable code. You have some experience with cloud-based paradigms and would like to acquire more.
Work from a remote location on a distributed team responsible for developing and supporting systems related to Content Contributor account creation and management. Use .NET and SQL Server technologies to support existing contributor processes. Participate in design and implementation of service-based improvements, and in some cases replacements, of existing systems, using a blend of .NET, SQL, and AWS technologies. Analyze existing systems to infer rules and manage migrations. Agile paradigms (including CI, pairing, swarming, and test-first) will be followed throughout.
- Work with team to support existing critical path workflows
- Migrate and extend web services using .NET Technology, supporting complex business rules and dataflow cases
- Develop simple Web UIs in .NET for internal administrative systems
- Implement code that is engineered for the long term, while delivering with a sense of urgency
- Exercise shared ownership of all code developed by the team, working within the team to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Work with team and leaders to develop stories and provide status
- 2+ years working with C#
- 1+ years working with Git
- Skilled in SQL Server development with T-SQL
- Some experience working in an environment that is cloud-based (such as AWS or Azure) or at least container-centric (such as Docker or Kubernetes)
- Experience in developing clear, concise, maintainable code
- Experience in agile engineering approaches (e.g. test-first, SOLID, etc.)
- Experience in agile processes (e.g. Scrum or Kanban, pairing, etc.)
- Ability to analyze and understand complex data structures and data flows
- A quiet location with reliable high-speed internet connectivity, environment suitable for professional work (desk, chair, external monitor, etc.)
- Experience with Entity Framework or another ORM
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience in domain-driven design (DDD)
- Experience with messaging services such as RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, or Kafka
- Experience with PostgreSQL and/or NoSQL databases like MongoDB or DynamoDB
- Trustworthiness, Transparency, and Openness
- Raise the Bar
- Lead by Example
- One Voice
- Bring Me Solutions
- No Silos
- The Obligation to Care
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
The Software Engineer is a Remote Work From Home position.
As a company, we're committed to living these Principles every day. Here's how we support our mission to be the best place to work globally.
We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest
We love character, authenticity, and integrity.
We always raise the bar
Excellence is our norm; we get better through endeavor, curiosity, and speed.
We collectively bring solutions
We love debate, but collaborating to solve problems for ourselves and our customers is everyone’s responsibility.
We care, are kind, courteous, and respectful
We will not tolerate rudeness.
We reject biased behaviour and discrimination
We seek to understand biases in all forms. We call out biases and discrimination when observed and take action where responsible.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives, and experience
Diversity and inclusion are never done, but we are passionate in their pursuit.
We are one Getty Images with no silos
We share goals and accountability; we and actively seek information and expertise; we make time for our peers.
We deliver on our commitments, and commercial goals
With one voice and shared accountability.
We put the customer at the heart of everything we do
We listen to, anticipate, and exceed customer needs, adapting as they evolve.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected]
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.