Software Engineer at Skilljar
Skilljar is seeking a versatile Software Development Engineer to join our fast-growing team. This person will be responsible for the technical design, development, and deployment of our products. In addition, they’ll be joining a small and rapidly growing team, where they will have a direct impact on the product.
We’re looking for a motivated, highly-collaborative, self-starter who is comfortable owning and driving the development of new features and services, and has a successful track record building software products in an agile development environment. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Contribute to the design and development of new products and services across the development stack.
- Maintain a high level of quality for delivering software.
- Collaborate with various team members and stakeholders on requirements definition and feature design & development.
- Support products and services in production environment.
- 3+ years of working experience building web applications using Django, Rails, or some equivalent MVC framework.
- Working experience deploying and supporting software solutions in a production environment.
- Knowledgeable on best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience scaling web applications is a plus.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the Customer Education Platform of choice for mid to large-sized enterprises. Trusted by leading global enterprise organizations like Cisco and Verizon, Skilljar’s SaaS platform empowers Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage, and retain customers and increase product adoption throughout the customer journey. We are a team of bright, passionate Skillets with Amazon roots and startup drive. Centrally located just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle, the Skilljar office is a fun, perfectly-caffeinated, and creative place to be (come check out our 3-D laser printer). Apply to join us!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.