Software Engineer at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
We're looking for experienced, passionate, driven software developers who can help us build scalable and reliable cloud computing solutions to support the rapid growth of our SaaS products.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will work on solving tough technical challenges in a high energy, startup like environment with experienced industry leaders and with a highly collaborative team. You will design, implement, test and deploy scalable cloud computing solutions as part of the Cloud Engineering Automation team.
What you get to do in this role
The role will initially be developing middleware and ServiceNow cloud automations that do direct high-performance scalable device data acquisition and data storing. Then gradually expend to data visualization, numerical analysis, data modeling/forecasting, live access data streaming, and server farm self-healing services.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and design patterns
- Strong problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Proficiency in web technologies such as HTTP, REST/SOAP, AJAX, JSON
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux and basic shell scripting
- Knowledge of relational database design concepts and physical table structures and ability to write high-performance SQL/MySQL
- Working knowledge of enterprise hardware, storage platforms, Linux operating system, networking technologies, datacenter power distribution systems is a plus
- Experience with developing middleware and data driven drivers on Linux operating systems
- Experience with ServiceNow platform application development preferred
- Experience with blockchain technology development preferred
- Experience in data visualization and numerical analysis is a plus
- Experience working with API and hardware data acquisition is a plus
- Experience working with AI or Machine learning or forecasting modeling is a plus
- Skillful in troubleshooting and resolving complex issues in enterprise data driven environment
- Must have solid documentation and writing skills
- Excellent Communication & Customer skills, Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Listening, Time Management and Interpersonal skills required.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.