PayScale is the world leader in modern compensation software. We believe data-informed discussions about compensation benefit both employers and employees and that greater pay transparency promotes equity, engagement and employee retention. We are bringing the dark art of compensation into the light by helping individuals understand the right pay for their position and more than 7,000 businesses retain and manage their largest investment: their people.
We’re transforming the compensation industry and are looking to bring on talented professionals like you with diverse perspectives. At PayScale, we acknowledge and value our differences as well as our combined strengths. We want all employees to feel respected personally and professionally. We foster a work environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you forward-thinking, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
The Business Products team is enhancing and expanding a suite of applications and services used to power modern pay decisions for over 18 million employees. This includes our Gender Wage Gap Analysis Tool and our Team products that help empower managers. Craft features from new and existing web services as you help expand our offerings of analytics and third-party integrations. Teams are small and use Agile methodologies to release our features rapidly and incorporate user feedback. Come to a place where your ideas are valued, your brain is challenged, your voice is heard and your work has an immediate impact.
Technologies We're Using
- Our web layer is primarily built using React, npm, Webpack and Sass
- On our web servers, we're typically building RESTful web services using node and C#/.NET
- At the storage layer, we are using SQL Server, MongoDB and AmazonS3
- In addition to the above, we also use some other fun technologies: RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch and an ever-growing array of Azure and Amazon Web Services
We take a very pragmatic approach to development: we use what makes sense for the task at hand. If we believe we're currently using the wrong thing, and it makes sense to switch, we will.
What You'll Do
- You will build innovative features and solutions for our business facing Software as a Service platform
- You will work on a highly collaborative agile team with skilled teammates
- You will help revolutionize measuring, analyzing, and predicting compensation.
- You will empathize with customers and solve issues by debugging the code to find the cause
- You will build dynamic UI to help our customers analyze their data
- You have 4+ years’ experience in software development
- You have C# experience or another similar OO language, such as Java
- You have a solid grasp of Web Fundamentals
- You have familiarity or experience with React and Redux or similar technologies
- You have working knowledge of relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, MySql)
- You have experience with unit testing and designing testable code
- You have excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- You have excellent debugging skills and enjoy tackling customer issues
PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in every location in which the company has facilities.
We are committed to providing a true work-life balance and we offer competitive vacation and flex time to support that. We work hard, but still want coworkers to be able to have interesting lives outside of the office.
We maintain a supportive, inclusive, and laid-back work environment, because stress is the enemy of creativity.
We support employees who want to take part in charitable giving, in all scopes of life.
We have a broad mix of optional-but-encouraged fun company activities available: holiday parties, family picnics, zoo trips, coffee carts, Halloween costume contests, and more!
Benefits We Offer
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental/prescription premiums for employees (50% for eligible dependents and partners)
- Four Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care (can be used towards day care costs), Parking, Transit.
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Generous Parental Leave (7 weeks paternity, 12 weeks maternity)
- 10 paid holidays
- Summer office closure, entire week of July 4th
- 401k with company match, vests immediately
- Flexible work hours
- Work from home Wednesdays
- Onsite lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Bike storage
- Gender neutral bathrooms on most floors
- Mothers' Room
- Sitting-Standing ergo friendly desks
- Weekly company sponsored happy hours
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)