Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally change the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help literally move the world forward!
Convoy is establishing a team of talented, thoughtful engineers to automate the logistics industry. Our goal is to develop amazing software to make trucking efficient while growing ourselves and our coworkers sustainably. You should pride yourself on developing products at light speed, while simultaneously being intentional in your approach towards the process, communication, and building systems.
You will have ownership of:
- Building delightful features that make it easier to run a small trucking business.
- Inventing best-in-industry tools while working side-by-side with teams inside the company who closely align with our operations team.
- Writing scalable software for processing millions of dollars of payments.
- Using machine learning to improve our margins or brokerage efficiency.
- Crafting products to help other teams at Convoy scale.
You have some of the following skills and experience:
- At least 4 years of industry experience building production software
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- High-quality web or mobile front-end UX (React/Redux, React Native)
- Server tech: Our stack is Node.js, TypeScript, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, and AWS, but we're open to engineers from all backgrounds!
- Pricing and ranking/optimization problem solving
- Multi-service backend architectures
- Logistics software
- Cultivating flexible, empathetic engineering teams
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description