At Remitly, we help people around the world send over $6 billion around the globe inspired by our mission to accomplish our promise to immigrants to send money across the world. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
About the Role:
On the Growth Platform team you’ll build systems that power our acquisition and retention efforts to help customers discover and adopt Remitly. Growth Platform systems allow marketers to implement sophisticated campaigns, develop product marketing systems, integrate with third-party advertising systems and provide marketing performance insights to promote our growth. Our growth platform enables the relatively small marketing team to accomplish this efficiently at high-quality across thousands of markets worldwide.
As an engineering manager, reporting to the Manager, Growth Platform you will manage a team of engineers with a focus on their development and leading the team to high-quality deliverables. You’ll set the long term technical vision and help outline the path towards those goals. Examples of our plans include scaling of our landing page and content management systems, referral program, offers/promotions management and our partnerships products.
- Set and drive the technical direction for the team, making good tradeoffs between shipping code and technical investment.
- Help build frameworks to help the team operate autonomously and deliver product features rapidly, with a focus on technical excellence and customer value.
- Navigate the scope and complexity of our ownership area to balance between technical excellence and customer value to progress multiple workstreams.
- Contribute through hands on work in the ideation, technical design, and grooming of new features with a data-driven and customer-centric viewpoint.
- Partner with product and engineering management, contribute to the product roadmap by presenting technical options and tradeoffs.
- Create a fun, rewarding and foster a learning environment for the team to attract, retain and develop talent
- A BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 8+ years of experience with software development.
- 2+ years of experience leading technical teams
- Experience working on full-stack products
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer