You are a Software Engineering Manager with experience building large-scale software applications. You have deep interest in backend or frontend technologies but are comfortable across the whole stack. You are excited about the care, feeding and growth of a high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems.
You want to lead a team of software experts in building complex and impactful software systems while keeping your hands in the code. You also enjoy mentoring and growing junior engineers.
Come work in an exciting environment where you use your passion, experience, and analytical skills to help bring new solutions to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world.
- Manage and mentor a talented group of engineers
- Review and contribute to design reviews and meetings
- Lead feature development for your team
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering
- 3+ years of experience leading software developers building customer-facing software applications
- A track record of planning and delivering on multiple overlapping projects spanning several months
- Experience implementing an engineering process that emphasized security, availability, scalability, and operational discipline
- You distilled your people and team management practices into a set of models and principles that you regularly verbalize, apply, and improve
- You thrived in multi-functional organizations by building consensus and partnering with product management, UX design, security, and recruiting
- You have calibrated coding, system design and behavioral job interview questions that you used to hire top talent and quickly grow your team
- You maintained high performance standards by collecting objective metrics and peer feedback for performance evaluation and management
- You mentored junior and senior engineers, helping them understand themselves, influence others, and advance towards their career goals
- You established trust with senior leaders by aligning your priorities with theirs, providing timely, accurate, and succinct status updates, and helping other teams when needed
- You have kept your engineering skills sharp so you can review your team's code, evaluate design options, and provide high-level cost estimates
- You follow the latest in open source technologies and can intuit the fine line between a promising new practice and an overhyped fad
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...