Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a rapidly growing tech startup based in Kirkland, Washington which is an amazing city 6.4 miles East of downtown Seattle and nestled around beautiful Lake Washington! We also have offices in Beijing, Tianjin, and Shenzhen China! We’re a team of innovators and tech geeks obsessed with making smart home products accessible to everyone. Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time. We believe customers should not have to compromise – beautifully designed smart home products should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
This role is based full-time Kirkland and we are happy to help new folks relocate to this tech-savvy city!
Why You will make an impact!
You are passionate about IoT and our products and mission. You would like to make an impacting change to people’s lives. Building products that becomes an integral part of our daily lifestyle.
A Look Inside the Role...
The Software & IoT Embedded Systems Engineer at Wyze will be responsible for architecture, design and development of the next generation of IoT smart home devices based on embedded system. The Firmware software engineer plays a vital role in supporting the life cycle of entire range of products right from its inception to the final implementation of the software application. He conducts proper analysis to design and develop the firmware software. The ideal candidate for this role would share our passion for creating and innovating new technologies in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Design technical solutions on embedded systems to support IoT smart home devices.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs by conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes, investigating problem areas by following the software development life-cycle, identifying and resolving the ambiguities between business logic and implementation level.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Staying current with state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development issues.
You already have these qualifications and love what you do!
- Bachelor, Master or PhD degree in Computer Engineer, Electronic Engineer, Computer Science or other degree with 3+ years of working experience as firmware developer.
- Proficiency on C or C++
- Deep knowledge of computer architecture, network and embedded system
- Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate highly technical data to various stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and strategize in a variety of project areas and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Bonus points if you can say yes to any or all of the following:
- Solid experience in developing on platforms of ARM or MIPS preferred
- Real-time audio / video communication experience is a big plus
- Deep understanding on Linux kernel or FreeRTOS
If this sounds too good to be true and you are ready to be part of #teamwyze then we want to hear from you! Please send us your resume or detailed Linkedin profile and tell us a little about yourself with a cover letter that showcases some of the amazing things you can do!Lastly and incredibly important to us: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as well as inclusion at Wyze. We are fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. That’s how we do things!
Read Full Job Description