Do you want to help us continue to disrupt the travel industry? Yapta is doing just that by providing transparency in pricing, and finding flight and hotel savings for our corporate customers. Our software leads the industry by mining millions of air and hotel price checks per day, comparing those prices with our customers’s booked travel itineraries. We use these checks to identify price drops, rebooking customers for hotel, or re-ticketing for air. In 2018 alone we saved our customers over $125,000,000. We are also very data rich, storing millions of price checks daily. This affords us a tremendous amount of opportunity to innovate on our data for future Yapta products and services. It’s an exciting time to be in this industry!
We were recently named to Deloitte’s Fast 500, are highly profitable, and have grown 400% in the past 4 years. We have a great culture with amazing people. Our team is fast paced and focused, but we maintain a healthy work/life balance and have fun. We value humility, integrity, flexibility, accountability, drive, and collaboration.
How you'll succeed on the team:
As a Software Quality Engineer-II at Yapta, you have a role to play to evangelize software quality within the organization and recommend quality improvements that bring value additions for Yapta’s price tracking optimization platforms. You will be working with other QE engineers, product managers, and product developers to ensure that product specifications are well thought out to meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability.
- You're passionate about Software quality and the travel industry
- You have strong organizational skills
- You can Interact and coordinate between Development and Product teams to understand the requirements
- You are capable of tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results
- You have the creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- You have an interest in developing a deep understanding of the product, engineering processes, tools and concepts in order to effectively narrow down defects
What we’re looking for:
- 2-3 years of professional software quality engineering experience
- Experience with test management solutions
- Ability to test REST and SOAP web APIs using tools like Postman, SOAP UI
- Experience with defining the testing strategy for large scale programs and ensuring requirements traceability throughout the system development lifecycle.
- Experience overseeing the development of test plans, test scenarios, test cases, execution of test cases and documentation of test results
- Experience with troubleshooting complex issues
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical project team members.
- Experience with automated testing, frameworks and tools is a plus.
- Experience integrating with Global Distribution Systems (GDS) technologies not required, but a strong plus.
- Fun, collaborative environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 5 weeks of PTO and 10 paid holidays (total 7 weeks)
- Optional work-from-home Wednesdays
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits
- Stocked kitchens, with coffee, soda, and snacks
- Regular team activities, including Mariners games, ping pong tournaments, movies, etc.
This position is based in Pioneer Square in Downtown Seattle. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US. Yapta does not provide visa sponsorship for employment eligibility at this time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.