Software Test Engineer at Qualtrics
Qualtrics, the leader in customer experience and creator of the Experience Management (XM) category, is changing the way organizations manage and improve the four core experiences of business––customer, employee, product, and brand. Over 11,000 organizations around the world are using Qualtrics to listen, understand, and take action on experience data (X-data™)––the beliefs, emotions, and intentions that tell you why things are happening, and what to do about it.
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses attract customers who stay longer and buy more, engage employees who build a positive culture, develop breakthrough products people love, and build a brand people are passionate about. Join us as we help change the way people experience the world! Advance your career at a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, inclusive work environment.
Our Engineering team is a group of deeply passionate engineers who are breaking new ground in cloud computing and web scalability. We organize and sort terabytes of data and develop solutions used by millions of users every single day. We design products that make sophisticated research simple. Engineering focuses on these tenets; Platform-oriented, API First, Secure, One Product (Our customers shouldn’t have to learn two different ways of solving the same problem), and Quality (Our customers rely on our products to drive their businesses. Our software must work. If a feature is buggy, don’t release it (if it hasn’t been released yet), fix it or take it out.)
Quality Engineering Challenge
- Design test plans and test cases for mobile and web applications
- Find, triage, and document bugs worth fixing
- Conduct ad-hoc and scripted manual tests
- Investigate test failures and customer reports using your technical understanding of the product and tools (such as logs) to narrow down repro issues steps and isolate the root problem
- Contribute to test frameworks, test tools, and automation for complex, distributed SaaS systems
- You ensure the product is tested at the appropriate level (unit vs integration vs end to end, API vs UI), reducing unnecessary test cases, intermittent failures, and decreasing execution time.
- Drive quality processes like bug triage, release decisions, and feature completion criteria
- You mentor and develop your other team members.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as IT, Engineering, Math, Physics or similar with Computer Science coursework or minor. Computer science degree accepted but not required.
- Up to 2 years of relevant experience as part of a test team
- Up to 2 years of experience contributing to test automation and frameworks
- Familiar with front-end technologies (including Selenium-based automation), REST web services and/or constructing database queries
- An excellent Ad-hoc tester
- Experience applying different software testing techniques, such as equivalence class partitioning, boundary value testing, pairwise testing, etc.
What Differentiates Qualtrics from Other Companies
- Work–life integration is deeply important to us - we have regular office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices’ design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- Qualtrics continues amazing growth; from 2,300 to 8,000 employees by 2023 across the Globe.
- Qualtrics Experience Program - $1,800 for an experience of your choosing (eligible after a year)