ExpediaSolutions ArchitectJob Description
The Expedia LPS Salesforce team is seeking a Solutions Architect with in-depth experience in Salesforce to join us in transforming our environment into a world-class CRM platform. We are looking for someone who will be a part of the CRM Architecture team and be responsible for partnering with various business partner teams to translate business requirements into innovative technology solutions. You are a Salesforce.com technical domain expert, have the experience and vision to deliver solutions inclined to clicks over code and proven ability to develop solutions to complex business problems utilizing standard methodologies based on real-world experiences. You have exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, are comfortable interacting with business and technical resources, and can perform professionally in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What you'll do:
- Own the Salesforce Platform Architecture and contribute towards the overall Enterprise Architecture vision
- Build Proof of Concepts, devise strategy, and evaluate new technology and features that would be beneficial to the business (includes AI, ML, Monitoring etc.)
- Incorporate analytical insights for new and existing solutions by continuously measuring and monitoring
- Build Architectural frameworks that can be consistently demonstrated across different teams and initiatives.
- Extend advanced technical and/or business consultative services during inception as well as post-implementation
- Perform at highly varying levels of abstraction encompassing business strategy, product strategy, technical design and execution
- Create design documents that ensure consistency in development across the organization
- Partner with our Product Management and Engineering teams along with other partners to technical direction and architectural input into product development roadmaps
- Work cohesively with a complementary team of engineers, integrating closely across LPS and Expedia’s brand engineering teams
- Be an insight as a technical voice, fostering an environment of innovation, collaboration, and inclusion
- Drive towards an architecture that optimizes flexibility, re-use, scalability, performance, and availability, using lesser complexities
- Lead improvements of core software infrastructure and implementation standards
Who you are:
- 5+ years of Salesforce experience as a Senior or Lead Developer.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related engineering field or 3 or more years of experience in a similar Salesforce role
- 1+ years of architecture and design experience in an engineering, development or technology role
- 3+ years of experience working through the design, development, release cycle for enterprise applications
- Overall 8 +years experience in Software Development
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of all Salesforce product offerings and recommend new features and modifications
- You have working knowledge of solving complex and large-scale software problems and successfully delivering large scale projects, as an individual and team leader
- Effective mentoring and leadership skills and an ability to successfully drive the lifecycle of software projects
- Excellent communication, presentation, and influencing skills, with the ability to explain technical details and challenges to a wide variety of audiences (including executive leadership)
- Aptitude to look at solutions in creative and unconventional ways, recognize opportunities to innovate, and engage partners in vision and strategy
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, team oriented and fast paced environment
- Expertise utilizing cloud technologies and services with Amazon AWS is a plus
- Experience working on microservices architecture preferred
- Salesforce Platform Developer II Certification preferred
- Salesforce certified System Architect or Application Architect desired
- Previous expertise in a product driven organization preferred
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.