Solutions Developer at DefinedCrowd
Who are we?
Who is DefinedCrowd? Well, from a technical point of view, we leverage the power of a global crowd to provide some of the world’s biggest companies with the high-quality data they need to power their artificial intelligence. We’re instrumental to the progression and development of artificial intelligence and we couldn’t be prouder or more inspired to be involved in an industry that is changing the world. From a personal point of view, we’re a group of big thinkers, high achievers and creative problem solvers. We bond over our shared love of software engineering, data science, and strong coffee. We like online gaming, running marathons, and team drinks. We celebrate authenticity and diversity and we’re invested in what we do. Our mission? World domination, obviously!
What will you do?
- Leverage DefinedCrowd’s platform APIs, tools, and workflows to implement end-to-end solutions for collecting and annotating crowdsourced data for machine learning;
- Develop and maintain custom scripts, SQL queries, and tools to help monitor projects, manage data flow, and generally extend the capabilities of the platform as needed;
- Develop scripts for data ingestion, pre-processing, post-processing, and deliverable creation;
- Research and develop reusable/extensible tools to make the Project Execution team more efficient;
- Research and implement data collection methodologies (e.g. webcrawling);
- Coordinate with our Product and Engineering teams to integrate your custom tools and processes into our platform;
- Facilitate a collaborative environment aligned with company objectives;
- Other duties as assigned.
Who are we looking for?
Do you have the drive to work in an innovative and ambitious environment?
We’re looking for someone with a determined and proactive mindset, someone inspired and passionate to help us achieve our goals. Our successful candidate is a strong critical thinker, reliable and transparent, with an ability to learn and communicate. We’re looking for someone special to contribute to our unique culture.
Our Solutions Developers have:
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related field;
- Experience with Python & C# or similar scripting languages in the context of data processing;
- Knowledge of REST API's;
- Knowledge of SQL databases and query writing;
- Ability to learn and troubleshoot quickly and independently;
- Ability to quickly implement and iterate on end-to-end solutions to for a wide variety of data management problems;
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English;
- Be collaborative, accountable, flexible, committed and have a positive attitude.
Why Join Us?
You spend a lot of your time at work, so it should be challenging, fun and interesting. At DefinedCrowd, it will be all of those things and more. Here’s what we offer:
- A unique culture, healthy working environment, and a flexible work schedule;
- Excellent career development opportunities in a high growth company;
- Access to an excellent compensation and benefits package;
- An international and diverse team, representing more than 30 nationalities at our 4 locations;
- Global mobility and relocation support with the help of our specialized team;
- Continuous training opportunities leveraging hand-on workshops and formal development opportunities.
DefinedCrowd offers a platform with multiple data delivery options that leverages machine learning technology and human intelligence to deliver quality-guaranteed training data for AI systems. The platform offers self-service and fully customizable solutions that deliver high-quality project-specific training data, enabling AI products reach market quicker. It is this business model that has allowed DefinedCrowd to raise a total of $63.6M in funding over 4 rounds. Our value proposition is quality, privacy, speed and scale, covering more than 50 different languages. With strong expertise in speech and natural language processing technologies, we have been serving AI companies and Fortune 500 companies since day one. DefinedCrowd was founded in Seattle and has offices in Lisbon, Porto and Tokyo.