Solutions Engineer - Post Sales at Karat
The status quo for technical interviewing doesn’t meet the needs of candidates or hiring companies. Haphazard interview experiences, subjective evaluations, and lack of capacity and expertise mean too many companies miss their hiring goals and miss out on great software engineers. At Karat, it's our mission to create better outcomes for companies and candidates by making every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable.
Karat conducts first-round technical interviews on behalf of companies including Indeed, Atlassian, Intuit, Peloton, The New York Times and Wayfair. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing platform, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices.
The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest and most robust dataset of structured interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
As the world continues to transition to virtual work, and the fairness of hiring practices in the tech industry come under greater scrutiny, Karat is uniquely positioned to be a valuable, strategic partner as companies transition to 100% remote hiring.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle.Solutions Engineering at Karat
As a member of Karat's Solutions Engineering Team, you will partner with our Customer Success Managers to transform the way our clients hire engineers. You will leverage your deep technical expertise and understanding of our interview product to ensure its successful implementation in every organization.
This job requires a uniquely entrepreneurial bent as you will meet with countless C-suite engineering and talent leaders to understand their technical concerns and adapt or evolve our product to address them. The Solutions Engineer will have a career-defining opportunity to shape the future of Karat.
This is a remote opportunity servicing our clients on the East Coast.Core Responsibilities
- Build trust in the Karat solution over a client's entire technical partnership.
- Ensure that Karat interviews provide the maximum possible value to each client by serving as a technical expert and an advocate for that client's interests.
- Sit down with engineers from teams around the world, understand their job descriptions and learn what the team is looking for. Leveraging your technological expertise and Karat's interview content, you'll help design a predictive interview format that will help that team find the candidates they need.
- Meet periodically with client teams to ensure that the product is working for them, address any technical concerns they have, and make any necessary adjustments over time to maximize the value of the interview.
- Help us improve our internal processes, identify new areas where our interview can provide value, and helping us understand what our clients need.
- Work directly with our Product and Engineering Leadership to pave the way for the Solutions Engineering organization at Karat by owning the creation and building of our knowledge base.
- In a post-Covid world, this role requires 10% travel to meet with client teams.
- 5-7 years of experience as a Solutions Engineer or technical consultant, supporting enterprise SaaS/B2B companies
- You believe in Karat’s mission and crave the ownership and responsibility we will give you
- You are a Technical Subject Matter Expert in the area of Software Engineering. You are equipped with an understanding of a wide variety of technical topics such as technical analysis, , web development, and system design
- You are client-oriented and comfortable explaining your product to any member of the team, from a junior engineer to a CTO
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent additional experience
- Interviewing, hiring or mentoring experience preferred
- Working knowledge of SQL and data analysis preferred
Benefits of joining Karat:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all our full-time employees:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Karat is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Karat and the state/country where you work.