Sr. Adobe Experience Manager Engineer
Senior Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
Do you love developing and publishing killer B2B web experiences that convert leads to customers, boost retention, and scale globally? Do you have hands-on experience using enterprise-grade Content Management Systems (CMSs) to build websites that integrate and play effectively with a B2B capabilities (marketing automation, localization, chatbots, content experience software, and webinars?) Are you skilled at partnering with offshore web publishing teams to efficiently publish at scale?
Expedia Group’s Partner Marketing team is laser focused on acquiring a record number of new lodging partners to list their properties on Expedia Group sites around the world. As lodging partners onboard with Expedia Group, the Partner Marketing team helps these partners handle listings and maximize their partnership. To drive these critical efforts, the Partner Marketing team is seeking an experienced Senior Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Engineer to develop and maintain modernized B2B web properties at the heart of a revamped, multi-million-dollar acquisition and retention strategy.
As the Senior AEM Engineer, you will lead the implementation of AEM within the Partner Marketing team, upgrading the team’s current digital infrastructure to leading-edge technology. Using the power of AEM, you will develop modernized web experiences that dramatically boost customer acquisition and retention and serve as the foundation of our web strategy. You will partner with PMs and an offshore publishing team to ensure marketing content can be published at scale on AEM.
This position is based in Bellevue, WA and reports to the Director of Product & Marketing.
What you will do:
- Lead the technical execution of web strategy – partner with creative and content marketing teams to develop and publish compelling web experiences using AEM. These marketers will represent the content/creative strategy while you represent technical constraints and abilities of the platform. You will ensure experiences maximize the capabilities of AEM and are technically optimized for SEO.
- Oversee System Integration– Ensure AEM integrates effectively with the sales and marketing ecosystem, inclusive of Marketo, Salesforce, and other technologies to be explored and introduced (e.g. chatbots, webinars, content experience software, etc.)
- Be the authority on AEM– Deeply understand the capabilities of AEM: template development, reusable web components, personalization, user authentication, etc. and how each function can best power the digital strategy.
- Partner with offshore publishing team– you will partner with and advise an offshore team skilled in light web development but more heavily focused on using AEM for scalable web publishing. That team will work closely with localization vendors to scale and publish content in multiple languages.
- Enable Instrumentation and Analytics– partner with infrastructure, automation, and analytics teams to implement proper site tagging (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Marketo Munchkin code) to enable site analytics.
This job is for you if you:
- Have 10+ years of B2B web development and publishing experience within a large enterprise, preferably with recent hands-on experience using Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
- Can move between doing the heavy lifting and developing yourself to partnering with an offshore team for basic tasks.
- Are skilled in the following: Jquery, PHP, HTML5, .css, responsive design, DOM, etc.
- Have experience working in an Agile environment and can lead web development efforts using Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Have experience with 3rd party Integrations and API implementations.
- Have a demonstrated ability to accurately estimate and scope development work with strong attention to detail.
- Have partnered with small, offshore teams for publishing and developing content in multiple languages across multiple countries.
- Can collaborate with your non-technical counterparts and articulate to them (in a way they can understand) technical constraints/benefits to help them appropriately craft business strategy.
- Have experience with using web assets to drive B2B customer acquisition through the creation of marketing leads that can be passed to sales.
- Can demonstrate a history of success working with ambiguous situations, new problems, and global matrixed work groups.
- Thrive when juggling multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with a strong bias for action.
- Are highly collaborative - your marketing counterparts would say you’re a great partner.
- Have strong analytical and quantitative skills, with an ability to use numbers and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other equivalent experience.
- Are willing to travel globally on occasion (
Why join us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.