Sr. Advisory Solution Architect at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
It's where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We're dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That's why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you're an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
As we continue to expand our Workflow Design Studio, we seek a seasoned full-stack Developer who loves co-creating directly with customers. The goal of the Workflow Design Studio is to reimagine customer experiences to drive innovation. The Studio is a specialized team of Service Designers, Developers, and Architects practicing Design Thinking who work directly with our customers during the pre-sales process to co-create innovative solutions. Following a human-centered approach to innovation, the Studio draws from the diverse skill sets of each member to integrate the needs of people, the possibilities of technology, and the requirements for business success. Successful innovations rely on achieving a balance between feasibility, viability, and desirability while considering the real needs and desires of people and their jobs to be done.
Your sweet spot is the intersection of human needs and business impact. You thrive in a fluid work environment and are a self-motivated partner, leader, and hands-on maker. You enjoy a highly collaborative cross-functional team environment, working across a variety of industries, and can synthesize diverse perspectives into great experiences.
- Co-delivering design thinking led workshops with customers (participants range from end-users to C-level) and account teams
- Exceptional communication skills articulating and logically communicating concepts with technical and non-technical audiences
- Transform co-created future state designs into a working prototype, then enhance and refine through validation of with customers.
- Identify and develop prototypes with a "reusability" mindset
- Synthesize, create, and publish engagement solution stories and artifacts to share with the broader community and the product teams
- Hands-on experience developing native mobile and responsive web solutions
- The drive to continually self-educate on ServiceNow capabilities
- Travel up to 40% of the year to on-site customer engagements (ramping up slowly in mid/late 2022)
Relevant Experience and Mindset:
- Confident, collaborative, and flexible as a member and discipline leader in a cross-functional delivery squad where teamwork is imperative to drive better customer outcomes
- 5+ years of Full-Stack Development Experience
- 3+ years of ServiceNow Development Experience
- Experience with modern component-based frameworks, i.e., Angular, AngularJS, Vue.js or React
- Comfort and ease in customer-facing meetings and workshops (contributing and planning sessions, co-facilitating)
- Ability to work collaboratively, independently, and as a motivated self-starter
- Familiarity with collaboration, design, and prototyping tools such as Miro, Sketch, inVision, and Figma
- Understanding native mobile, web application, and responsive web design experience
- An endless supply of passion and curiosity in developing, making and problem-solving
Nice to haves:
- ServiceNow Development Experience with Portal and Flow Designer
- Integrating with 3rd Party Systems (Microsoft, SalesForce, and smaller applications)
- Developing in tandem with Figma and Figma libraries
- Co-creating in or with enterprise customers
- Experience working on consumer digital products
- Curiosity or experience in Human-Centered Design, Lean UX, or Growth Hacking
- Additional full-stack languages
What we will need to see before or during your interview:
- Portfolio of work examples
- A development test/code review
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.