Sr. Director of Engineering
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company that is changing the way businesses and consumers communicate. We invented the capability to text to and from a landline, toll-free or VoIP telephone number and have led the entire industry since. Over 35,000 businesses use our product and we are the fourth fastest-growing company in Washington state.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we’re looking for:
Strong, highly motivated leader with passion to empower and grow an engineering team, as well as help drive vision, strategy and execution of the best possible experiences for our customers. Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and a shifting landscape. Have experience with AWS, Azure or other cloud services, passionate about iterating fast, and delivering value for our customers. With entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do attitude. The Individual will be a key member of the engineering senior leadership team, driving critical design initiatives, taking part in cross-company strategic & tactical decisions, being accountable for shipping a complete service offering that succeeds with our customers. The candidate must have people management experience and strong product design & development skills.
What you bring to the table:
- 15+ years of related product development experience shipping multiple products / services
- 10+ years of people management experience
- Track record of building high functioning teams, including recruiting, mentoring and retaining diverse talent base
- Working in agile teams or startup environment with strong customer focus
- Experience building applications or services used at scale on Azure or other cloud providers
- Proven competency in strategic leadership, organizational agility, cross-team collaboration, drive for results, and written and verbal communications
- Experience with using data analytics techniques on real datasets
- Champion engineering practices that ensure safe and fast paced releases of services
- Curiosity and willingness to learn, share and improve
- Ability to engage with customers and partners, both inside and outside of Zipwhip to understand their business needs and priorities, technological landscape and roadmaps
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement, lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.