Sr Engineer, Identity
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of experience with C#, .NET, NodeJS and variety of backend technology stack. Should be willing to learn and adopt additional programming languages and tech stack components.
5+ years experience in SQL and NoSQL databases.
3+ years of hands on experience with AWS services.
Should have experience in design, development, implementation, integration and support of single Identity Access Management system and services which should have included provisioning, multi-factor authentication (MFA), Single Sign-On (SSO), access management, SAML & OAuth.
Should be able to lead scalability and performance planning for organization’s future Identity Access Management needs.
Serving as a core member of an engineering and development team that designs and develops security capabilities such as Authentication, Authorization including Multi-factor and biometric, Federation, SSO and SAML.
- Functions as Senior member of an agile team and helps drive consistent development practices - tools, common components, and documentation, continuous integration, and test-driven development.
- Working with product manager to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements, based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Writing code and unit tests, working on API specs, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new security technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges.
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement.
- Conducts code reviews and builds test automation
Passion for innovating & adopting new approaches for delivering efficient enterprise business solutions.
Excellent communication and team collaboration skills (including remote team communication) with ability to engage with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.