Sr Front End Engineer
- Build large-scale web applications and advance your craft
- Take up our mission to make state-of-the-art AI and ML effortlessly scalable (& cost effective!) for Fortune 500 and government customers everywhere
- Experience rapid growth in the first AI startup to be funded by Google
Algorithmia automates, optimizes, and accelerates every step of the journey to deploying AI and ML at scale. We allow anyone to run models on massively parallel infrastructure in minutes instead of months. In our cloud or your datacenter - all completely managed for maximum performance at minimum cost. Already trusted by over 80k developers and major enterprise customers, Algorithmia makes scalable Machine Learning fast, simple, and cost-effective for everyone.
Who We Are
The Algorithmia frontend team is a three-person team tasked with owning the UX for the entire Algorithmia platform. As you might have guessed, it's a big task and we're ready to start expanding! In a nascent and increasingly competitive market, Algorithmia distinguishes itself not only by the quality of its platform but also by the quality of its user experience. By joining our team as a senior front end engineer, you'll be working on web applications that are loved by thousands of data scientists around the world, and have a hand in shaping a world-class UX that stands at the forefront of the AI/ML infrastructure market.
What We're Looking For
- Experience building and maintaining large-scale web applications
- Rigor and a dedication to delivering code that's amply maintainable and understandable by your team
- Curiosity and a willingness to dive into unfamiliar territory (such as Kubernetes, Tensorflow, or Rust)
- Ambition to build world-class web applications and advance your craft
- Flexibility and willingness to wear many hats in the fast-paced startup environment
Specific skills and experience that will serve you well here
- Modern Web Tooling: Real-world usage of tools such as Angular, React, Vue, Underscore, etc...
- Security: Familiarity with CORS, HSTS, CSPs, and related protocols, and the ability to identify and mitigate common web vulnerabilities such as XSS and CSRF attacks, tabnabbing, etc... (Hint: Study up on the OWASP Top 10)
- Performance: An understanding of how to optimize web application performance from initial request to the final paint (HTTP/2, CDNs, cache-control, and beyond)
- Testing: Experience with web testing frameworks like Jest and Karma, and a good understanding of how to extract maximum value from your tests without allowing them to become an albatross
What You Might Build
- Extend and hone our internal UX toolkit, Synapse
- Build out a new feature, work closely with our UX discipline and platform engineering teams
- Improve our core web infrastructure by adding Prometheus logging, analyzing performance reports, or building out our CI/CD pipeline
- Support our growth and customer engineering teams with any number of the web applications they use and support
Sound like a fit? Apply below–we're excited to meet you!
Algorithmia is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our core. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and encourage everyone to apply.
If this sounds like you APPLY NOW, or learn more at algorithmia.com