Mason is the only fully managed infrastructure for developing and delivering dedicated devices. We make it easy for anyone to turn an idea into a smart product and ship it to anywhere in the world. Our mission is to enable our customers to create smart and sustainable products on behalf of humanity.
Mason is looking for a Sr. Mechanical Engineer. This is the opportunity of a lifetime as you will be driving world class structure design solutions of all our products including but not limited to architecture evaluation, detailed component design, tooling bringup and manufacturing review, documentation creation and management, and product integrity verification. This position will be a key lever in our company’s growth working with all cross-functional Masons.
Mason is looking for a Product design expert who hits the problems head-on, is capable of identifying issues and solutions quickly and systematically, and enjoys taking ownership with team spirit. You have demonstrated the ability to deliver a solution to exceed the customer’s needs through your design and a track record of innovation and experience in selecting materials and components to achieve cost targets. The establishment of specifications and written test plans, including the development of test procedures to verify your designs are integral to the position. You are a dreamer and a hard core engineer that makes the dream come true. You share wits, energy, ingenuity and diversity (and more!). Check out our values and see if they resonate!
What you’ll work on:
- IoT devices, wearables, medical devices or equivalent in an industrial usage setting
- Research and design mechanical architecture, parts and assemblies for manufacture.
- Execute TA, assembly story and material & processes selections
- Create and manage documentation in conjunction with product life cycle management
- Use rich knowledge of parts manufacturing techniques and processes to drive DFM processes and improvements.
- Create and drive qualification requirements and test plan with quality team
- Seasoned in working with electrical integration, industrial design, and more
- Keep abreast of mechanical engineering related technologies and techniques trends and apply to engineering best practices.
- The best practice of mechanical engineering including but not limited to design quality analysis tools and standards
- Skilled in Hardware development cycles and their meanings and requirements
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Mechanical or a similar discipline.
- Minimum 8+ years working as a mechanical engineer for IoT, consumer, mobile and medical devices
- Minimum 5+ years design experience in consumer electronics, medical devices in a NPI and sustaining processes
- Keen eye for details, not afraid of pulling up sleeves address the problems with best design
- Fluent with CAD CAE tools such as Solidworks, Creo etc.
- Fluent with BOM structuring and documentations such as Arena , agile, propel
- Rich knowledge and experiences with International supplier chain and its management
- Be able to work with Asian vendors and designers.
- And more!
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with local suppliers to expand to new markets.
- Ability to communicate technical subjects to non technical audience
- Experience working with and leading an international engineering community and vendors
- Remote-friendly: Employees may choose to work fully remote, in-office, or hybrid.
- Healthcare: Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance for employees and their dependents (Employees are responsible for only 1%of premiums for dental and vision)
- Fitness & Wellness: Quarterly reimbursement for qualified fitness and wellness expenses.
- Food: Catered lunch or delivery gift cards to keep you nourished while working.
- Generous PTO & Sick Leave: We want you to take care of yourself with a flexible PTO plan or generous accrued PTO and added monthly mental healthy days during the pandemic.
- Parental Leave: Caring for a newborn is an exciting time for parents! We offer 16 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Full benefits are offered to full-time employees. Part-time employees participate on a limited basis.
• Remote-friendly: Employees may choose to work fully remote, in-office, or hybrid.
• Healthcare: Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance for employees and their dependents (Employees are responsible for only 1% of premiums for dental and vision)
• Fitness & Wellness: Quarterly reimbursement for qualified fitness and wellness expenses.
• Food: Catered lunch or delivery gift cards to keep you nourished while working.
• Generous PTO & Sick Leave: We want you to take care of yourself with a flexible PTO plan or generous accrued PTO and added monthly mental health days during the pandemic.
• Parental Leave: Caring for a new child is an exciting time for parents! We offer 16 weeks of paid parental leave.
• Full benefits are offered to full-time employees. Part-time employees participate on a limited basis.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Mason: Belonging, psychological safety, and inclusivity unlock a Mason’s full potential. We don’t want Masons to quietly assimilate into a dominant culture and sacrifice a piece of themselves. We want our team members to be seen, validated, and welcomed.
Mason America, Inc. (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.