The Valant mission is to use great technology to exponentially scale the quality of health care and to make high quality health care available for everyone. We are a post-revenue, well-funded Seattle company looking to add more enthusiastic, passionate individuals to be a part of the next industry transformation.
Valant is a completely new platform solution, providing an elastic, scalable data model and mobile app experience to dedicated healthcare professionals. The flexibility of our platform technology enables an iterative and highly interactive approach to electronic health record implementation.
As a Senior Quality Assurance Manager at Valant, you will be responsible for leading our multi-time-zone quality assurance effort and being a key member of the Engineering organization. In this role you will collaborate across many departments to communicate and execute against an aggressive roadmap. We are looking for a hands-on leader with a strong technical and management background, who has extensive experience with agile/ scrum software methodologies and a proven track record of growing mature quality assurance organizations using metric driven management.
What You’ll Do
- Set the technical vision for developing test frameworks and automation for our systems
- Establish team metrics for measurement of quality and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvements.
- Work with team to build a comprehensive test suite that is designed to test quality for both functional and non functional requirements
- Lead the effort to incorporate performance, load and stress testing into overall quality assurance process
- Establish QA processes for ensuring quality releases
- Manage quality assurance resources to achieve targeted scope, schedule and cost objectives.
- Partner with leaders of other departments to understand and resolve immediate customer and longer term strategic needs.
- Collaborate across the product and engineering organizations to define and execute a strategic quality assurance roadmap.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 10 years in a senior software engineering role with a minimum of 3 years as a quality assurance manager.
- Strong communication and analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage quality assurance engineers in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate test automation into Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to create automated tests at various software layers
- Demonstrated expertise with JIRA and/or VSTS for defect and issue management.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and reviewing test plans for large, cross-team projects.
- Working knowledge of Cloud Technologies, including Azure and AWS.
- Working knowledge of build, deployment, and release management tools such as Jenkins and Chef.
- Working knowledge of functional, performance, and stress testing for large scale enterprise applications.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package, including 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision premiums
- Employer paid HSA Contributions
- Generous paid time off policy
- Bonus plans
- 401k and company stock options
- Tax saving FSA plans
- Company-paid ORCA pass
- Casual work environment in a convenient downtown Seattle location
- The chance to drive an important industry forward through next-generation technology