Sr. Site Reliability Engineer at Navigating Cancer
- Lead team initiatives to continuously refine AWS deployment practices for improved reliability, repeatability and security.
- Work closely with Engineering-Data team to automate deployment and configuration of infrastructure to support roll out of data products/projects on AWS Data Stack.
- Design effective monitoring / alerting (for conditions such as application-errors, high memory usage) and log aggregation approaches (to quickly access logs for troubleshooting, or generate reports for trend analysis) to proactively notify business stakeholders of issues and communicate metrics, working closely with these stakeholders
- Write code and scripts to automate provisioning of AWS services and to configure services, using tools and languages including AWS CLI / API, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Python, Bash, and Git.
- Configure build pipelines to support automated testing and deployments using tools including Jenkins, CircleCI, AWS CodeDeploy.
- Help refine DevSecOps security practices (including regular security patching, minimum-permissions accounts and policies, encrypt-everything) in compliance with Health IT, government and other standards regulations, implement, and verify them, using tools like Sonarqube, VeraCode to analyze and verify compliance.
- Document and diagram deployment-specific aspects of architectures and environments, working closely with Software Engineers, Software Engineers in Test, and others in DevOps.
- Troubleshoot issues in production and other environments, applying debugging and problem-solving techniques (e.g., log analysis, non-invasive tests) , working closely with development and product teams.
- 5+ years AWS administration experience
- Strong Experience developing and / or deploying Docker Containers on ECS/EKS or Kubernetes
- Strong working knowledge of IAC / configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible or Puppet.
- Networking expertise including VPCs, SDNs (e.g., Amazon / Azure) / VLANs, routers and firewalls
- Strong experience with Setup, configuration and monitoring of MySql, PostgreSQL or other DBMS
- A strong understanding of Linux administration including Bash scripting
- Experience in automation using C, Python or Go
- Experience with log aggregation tools such as Datadog, ELK, Splunk
- A bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering, or a similar field is required.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision
- 401K + ROTH option
- Paid maternity/ paternity leave policy
- ORCA passes for commuting
- Educational stipend
- Central location equidistant from Pike Place Market and Pioneer Square
- Company sponsored lunch every Monday and monthly Waffle Wednesdays