Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
About the Role:
We’re looking to add a Site Reliability Engineer to our team, where you’ll be a core part of a supportive team that’s passionate about systems thinking, amplifying feedback loops, and continual experimentation and learning. In this role, you’ll have a broad field of influence and work alongside multiple multi-functional teams, automating cloud operations, crafting tools, improving CI/CD pipelines, evangelizing cloud internally, and assisting development teams with their monitoring/alerting/response processes.
- Optimizing the tools we use to build, deploy, monitor, and roll-back code
- Creatively customizing our CDN in order to build new A/B testing features
- Developing standard methodologies for using cloud technologies with development teams (we use and love AWS)
- Pioneering the use of new features of our cloud
- Improving existing DevOps practices
- Serving as third tier escalation point for on-call
- Diving into an app’s mysterious behavior with an Application Development Team
- Pairing with teammates to build solutions
- Reviewing code from within our team and the Engineering Organization at large
You may be the right fit if you have:
- An intermediate understanding of some programming language (our team mostly uses Python, and we also use NodeJS, Ruby, Bash, and some GoLang)
- An intermediate ability to operate and manage Linux (other Unixes are ok too)
- Novice understanding of a config management tool (we use Chef)
- Working experience in a role where the business runs on a cloud, and you have been responsible for portions of leading the use of that cloud
- You are curious about or have experimented with serverless based approaches to application development (We use serverless frequently for our DevOps needs)
- You are interested in Service Mesh, and container management techniques
- You have experience in Information Security practices and principles
- You are always learning, and you are excited about the field of Software Development
None anticipated in this role
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work!
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.