Sr Software Dev Engineer at Expedia Group
The Storefront team is passionate about building the next generation experience for the main Expedia.com site. As a Sr. Developer you will have the opportunity to shape the future of the site including, personalization, performance and mobile responsiveness to name a few. These programs combine science, workflow solutions and key technology levers that drive long-term customer growth and retention. Are you ready to promote solutions, to encourage, and be empowered to obtain results? Then we'd like to talk to you.
We don't just innovate in the user interface, we strive to improve overall user experience. The engineering team is committed to innovating and pushing the bounds of continuous delivery. We ship to customers daily and constantly strive to improve our delivery. Improving means constantly learning and making mistakes, something our team embraces. We rigorously use data and experiments to validate our hypothesis about customer behavior — this is how we settle on features to build and how effective our contributions are.Responsibilities:
- Owns Design, development, testing, deployment, and providing operational excellence and support for mid to large scale projects.
- You find and advocate for Industry standards and standard methodologies in development methodologies, techniques, and technologies
- You contribute to advancing the team's design methodology and quality programming practices and mentor junior team members to adapt standard methodologies
- Innovate and implement new ideas to solve complex software problems and prototype creative solutions to enable product MVP's
- Independently understand scheduling, cost constraints, and impact to other teams; and make resource and architectural trade-offs
- Build a team of high performing software engineers utilizing your experience screening, interviewing, and growing high performing development teams.
- Lead design discussions, and translate business requirements into technical tasks
- Be part of a dynamic, continuously delivering team using Agile development process
- Collaborate with User Experience, Test and Technical Product management to deliver features
- Use Client side developer tools to improve and maximize performance of pages
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Showed strength in most areas of the professional function, and in-depth specialization in some
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely
- Experience in Agile/Scrum/Squad software development practices
- 7 -10 + years of experience in the field of Software Engineering
- Expertise in Java (or C# / Object Oriented), XML, JUnit
- Apache Tomcat, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Docker, Gradle, Grunt
- AWS: EC2, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB
- Strong experience implementing accessibility standard methodologies
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-MH2Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.